Mission of Health Services is to provide cost effective, convenient, high quality and professional health care to eligible Northwestern State University students in a clinic setting addressing physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. Health Services will enhance student development through campus wide and individual health education focusing on student learning in the areas of lifestyle choices and independence as a healthcare consumer.
Note: Health Services and Student Insurance are not the same.? Check your Fee Sheet each semester to verify coverage.
The Health Services Clinic is located on NSU’s main campus in the Infirmary Building, next door to University Police.
Monday—Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
1800 Line Ave. Rm 104
Shreveport, LA 71101
?Tiffany Rogers, RN, CCRN – Student Health Coordinator
Health Services?provides convenient, affordable, quality and professional?healthcare to eligible students, including:
- unlimited clinical visits each semester
- nursing evaluation of chief complaints
- free over-the-counter medications
- procedures: dressing changes, removal of stitches & staples, etc.
- same day physician appointments for a $20.00 co-pay
- campus wide health education and health promotion
- public health programs
- disease prevention
- referrals to community resources
- some diagnostic testing at reduced costs (pregnancy, STI’s, etc.)
- federal and state health initiatives and mandates
- private, confidential, personal counseling
- psychiatrist appointments for $20.00 co-pay
There is a $96.00/semester Health Services Fee.
The Health Services Fee is mandatory and automatically assessed to all students taking a class on the Natchitoches Campus, except those with Senior Citizen Exemptions and VA Chapter 31.
Internet Classes will prohibit automatic assessment of the Health Services Fee
All students are encouraged to utilize their fee sheet to verify Student Health Services fee.
Health Services and Student Insurance fees are not the same.
The student insurance climate has changed with the Affordable Care Act. ?These changes have impacted our ability to provide students with healthcare coverage. ?However, some students may be able to continue on their parents insurance with proof of status as a full-time student. Others are able to get coverage through the federal exchange at?https://www.healthcare.gov/.
International Student Insurance
Study Abroad Coverage
- http://www.cdc.gov/STD/SexualViolence? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?