Campus Update, Friday, March 20, 2020
?To help flatten the transmission curve of coronavirus, we announced earlier this week that we will continue the online and other alternative delivery of courses for the remainder of the spring semester.
Beginning Monday, March 23, most of our campus faculty and staff will begin working remotely.
Today, we are announcing that to continue to combat the spread of the coronavirus, we are strongly encouraging our on-campus residents to return home if possible.? If you absolutely must stay on campus, we will be here for you.
Please see the check-out and refund information for housing and meal plans below:
?Students who move off-campus for the remainder of the semester:
- NSU will issue residential students a 25 percent credit to their student accounts if:
- Students must complete the Housing Questionnaire on MyNSU to declare your intentions by Monday, March 30, 2020
- Students must complete check-out procedures and move off-campus by Monday, March 30, 2020
- Move out instructions are attached
- Should you have an extenuating circumstance that prevents you from moving out by March 30, please contact Stephanie Dyjack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The credit will first be applied to any outstanding balance on the student’s account, with any remainder being paid as a refund.
Students who must stay on-campus for the remainder of the semester:
- Will be responsible for their full semester room rate, and you need to:
- Complete the Housing Questionnaire on MyNSU to declare your intentions by Monday, March 30, 2020
Students who do not complete the Housing Questionnaire on MyNSU to declare your intentions by Monday, March 30, 2020, will be responsible for the full amount.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Stephanie Dyjack at email@example.com.
Traditional Meal Plans
Any student on a traditional meal plan will be issued a 25 percent credit to their student account.? The credit will first be applied to any outstanding balance on the student’s account, with the remainder being paid as a refund.
Residential students and non-residential students who are on a traditional meal plan and wish to continue using dining services through the end of the semester, please email Jennifer Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org to continue.
Declining Balance Meal Plans
?Any student who currently has an all-declining balance plan (Vic’s Max, Vic’s Lite, and Commuter) will be allowed to use their remaining DCB this semester, summer and through the Fall 2020 semester. The declining balance dollars remaining on the 19-meal plan, 14-meal plan, 5-meal plan plus, and 25 meal-plan plus will also be available for the rest of this semester as well as summer and Fall 2020.
If you are a graduating senior this semester, please contact Jennifer Kelly at email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding your meal plan, please contact Jennifer Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The university is working on the process to issue the Housing and Meal Plan credits, and we will continue to update you on the progress.